Site Meter

 

A Torre de Babel

"Asseguram os ímpios que o disparate é normal na Biblioteca e que o razoável (e mesmo a humilde e pura coerência) é quase milagrosa excepção."

Jorge Luís Borges, A Biblioteca de Babel

 

 

terça-feira, novembro 29, 2005

"In my life, I have known great joy and great sorrow. And now I know great shame."

Palavras de Randy Cunningham, in "Lawmaker Quits After He Pleads Guilty to Bribes" (NYTimes.com).
Mr. Cunningham disse ainda: "The truth is, I broke the law, concealed my conduct and disgraced my office. I know that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation, my worldly possessions and, most importantly, the trust of my friends and family."

Nas palavras da Acusação: "He did the worst thing an elected official can do. He enriched himself through his position and violated the trust of those who put him there."

0 Comments:

Enviar um comentário

Links to this post:

Criar uma hiperligação

<< Home